Friday, 13 March 2020
Dearest Hillside family,
Please know that, as a leadership team, we are acutely aware of the increasing concerns around COVID19, and of its impact on both personal health as well as our beloved community. At times like this, it is even more important to focus on Jesus, His faithfulness, and His incredible power that He exerts in us and through us…. We carry the hope of glory in our own bodies, and sometimes need to be together to remind each other of this wonderful truth!
However, we also need to be mindful of the practical implications of this virus, and honour and support the efforts being made by authorities and medical personnel in containing the spread of this disease. Whilst we will continue to meet together for the foreseeable future, please be assured that every consideration is being made to keep our campus at Hillside as safe as possible by following the recommendations of medical professionals, providing guidelines and limiting the necessity to touch public objects. We also encourage all members of our family to follow the following guidelines for interpersonal contact and hygiene:
Some healthy guidelines:
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you do touch something wash your hands afterwards, and do not touch your face before washing your hands.
- Wearing a mask helps minimally, and should mainly be for infected people to prevent spread to others.
- Limit close contact with others as much as possible (about 6 feet).
- Stay home when sick.
As a team, we take our responsibility to keep our family and community safe very seriously and will continue to monitor the situation, prayerfully making decisions relating to meetings as and when the need arises. We will be certain to communicate this forward to all whenever required.
We love and bless you all. May Christ’s peace rule in your hearts and minds, as we continue to trust His mighty hand to work in our community at this time.
The Hillside leadership team.